Monday, October 29, 2018

Plans of Change

Yes, we're starting from scratch.
Unfortunately, that means losing a steady stream of traffic the other blog was receiving - even when it went the longest time without updates. Also, maybe it's just me, but Blogger's latest themes and layouts seem a bit buggy.
But it's not all bad.

This blog has more of a purpose and a stronger sense of direction. Whereas the other blog served as a platform for me to review whatever media I was consuming at any given moment (and actually remembered to), the point of this blog is to go through the best reviewed books, games, and movies of all time - from the very top to ... as far down as I can go.

To go into further detail, I'll basically be going down the list of the top-rated anime/manga from myanimelist.net, games from gamefaqs.com, and movies/tv shows from IMDB.com.

Books will still be reviewed, but seeing as how there exists no comprehensive list of 'top-rated books of all time' (surprisingly!), I'll have to rely on my goodreads.com bookshelf (as sorted by average reviews).
This does present a problem or two, however. It means that if a book on my list has 10 five-star reviews, I'll end up having to review it before a hypothetical book with 10,000 reviews and an average rating of 4.7.
This also means that at some point I'll have to review some holy scriptures (which I DON'T want to do) and risk offending a billion-plus people (which I DO want to do), and then potentially review a children's book right after that.
If anything, it may help to keep things interesting!

I've also toyed around with the idea of reviewing our most popular restaurants in NYC, but our bank account has other ideas. Perhaps at some point in the future.

Finally, what is officially gone for good are my inclusions of any and all music media. For as much as I love and enjoy spending time listening to all sorts of music, attempting to review all top-rated albums is a beast I would never be able to tame.
Just looking at the top lists on sites like billboard.com and metacritic.com, I'd likely be giving a failing grade to most of them.

Other than that, the plan is to keep things clean and concise.
The page tabs will return when necessary.

But yeah, what you get is what you see.
Another chance.
A second opinion on what your friends all tell you is the best thing of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment